Wednesday, April 19, 2006

On to Las Vegas, STC conference

stc chicago

Hi all! I'll be hitting the road soon to attend the annual STC conference, this year in (wa-hoo!) Las Vegas. I'm practicing how to choose between a little poker and some really good technical sessions. It's hard, but I'm making progress.


Meanwhile, I'm getting this blog set up for a day-by-day commentary on the speakers, sessions, chat, The Transformation, and other news of interest...or at least, what I think of as interest. I'll be posting daily, nightly and weekendly, so tune in often. You can post questions for me to ask while I'm there, and I'll respond asap with answers.


The Chicago chapter has much to celebrate--Becky Hall will be inducted into the realm of the associate fellows! Kudos to Becky for her dedicated work with the chapter, the SIGs, the field of tech comm, and applying her many talents to helping the community. Her biggest kudo really has to be her successful efforts to elect her husband, former Mayor of West Chicago, to the slate for State Representative.


While I prefer to hold others up to the light, I, too, will be stepping up to a new volunteer role in STC on the Nominating Committee. Thanks to all who voted for me--this time, it was not a tie vote. I look forward to networking and more networking with STC members around the world, lookiing for the best leaders to help move STC forward to flourish and feed its members. Thanks for your support--it's much appreciated.


Let's hear from you on this blog! And hang around as I blog about the conference--I hope it will be just as if you were there.

No comments:

Post a Comment

STC Chicago Announcements

STC Chicago

STC Blog

Society for Technical Communication