Contrary to the current weather, it's officially summer here in Chicago: the beaches are open, festivals are all over the place, and Navy Pier is doing its twice-weekly fireworks show. Shall we start the season off with some juicy tech comm links?
- Ellis Pratt's video on the history of technical communication in 7 minutes
- An interesting discussion on Technical Writing World about the value of professional tech writing/tech comm courses and/or full-blown tech comm degrees
- Mark Baker's blog post on the not-so-fine line between novices and casual users and how documentation should be better tailored for the latter
- A post on Colum McAndrew's blog on where on "the curve" Europe's tech comm industry lies in comparison to the US
- Finally, in case you need even more 2012 Summit, the published conference Proceedings